Monday, March 24, 2008

Ick - I bought the PS3

I feel so dirty. After 16 years, I bought a Sony product. I'm disgusted with myself. I called it "Gina's birthday gift" hoping that would help, but alas, I can't fool myself.

I bought the PS3 on Monday 3/17/2008. It's now Monday 3/24/2008. Its still in the box. I keep looking at it, then run to the toilet to vomit. Its a vicious cycle that has left me exhausted and continuously hungry, and has caused a measurable amount of tooth decay.

A few minutes ago, I came close to opening it, then changed my mind. It deserves to just sit there a while longer. We have the spiderman trilogy and SuperBad (borrowed) ready to watch, but clearly I'm not emotionally ready to watch these films.

When will I actually open it? When I stop circling around the drain, and finally fall through, it will be time. Maybe then I can start rebuilding my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never thought I would live long enough to see this come to pass. This is a dark day indeed! Maybe you could hurl insults at it every time you turn it on as small form of protest?