Friday, August 15, 2008

More Burnout Paradise

I was waiting for the CAGNEY update to burnout paradise for a long time. Then, when it was finally supposed to be released, it got delayed about 3 weeks. That's ok; I always think its better to delay and do it right rather than release something that's not ready to go. (The same goes for movies).

Its been out for at least a week, but after a long hiatus, I didn't immediately jump back into it. I've been doing a lot of other activities and didn't want to stop just because a new game update came out.

That hiatus came to an end last night. I played for at least 2 hours, and once again, I had an absolute blast. The online game is so much fun. They added 70 new events. I went through a few of them, and they're all fun. Its an excellent online experience.

I'm working on making Carlos an addict. We played at lunch time today, then for a little while after work. We'll see if he keeps coming back to more. I've been trying to emphasise, for months, how important the online play is, but I wasn't able to get through to him. Maybe that has now changed.

Now that I'm back into it, I expect to spend many more hours playing it. There's another update coming out later this month (supposedly. Lets see if it makes it), then another one in the fall. I don't know if the fall one is free or not... they make a big deal about saying FREE for all of the other updates, but I haven't seen the word FREE in association with the fall release. It doesn't matter. If its not free, I'll buy it. Its more an issue of curiousity than anything.

Online good times have resumed.

No comments: