Friday, June 26, 2009

2012 Trailer - So good, yet I fear it

The trailer for 2012 is really something special. Its going to be a sfx extravaganza, and it even has some people in it.

It looks like they're doing a NOAH'S ARK type of thing. You can see a giraffe being air-lifted into the boat; I'm concerned about that part of it.

Roland Emmerich is a hit or miss directory; usually miss. I was willing to overlook THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW and give 2012 the benefit of the doubt. But then, while flipping through the channels, I came across 10,000 BC and remembered that Roland Emmerich directed that too. Good lord... can I really overlook THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW and 10,000 BC?!!? That's asking a lot from me, a mere mortal.

The seed of fear that was planted when I saw the giraffe in the trailer how now sprouted. There are going to have to be a lot of SFX to overcome the atrocious story line, if it proves to be as atrocious as I now expect it to be. Maybe this is the come back movie... but have you seen his last 2 movies? Why will this one be better?

Bring on the SFX. Skip the dialog and plot.

No comments: