Sunday, July 08, 2007

Server Move Update

It's been a learning process, but I finally have pretty much everyting moved to the new server. Even though it was a pain, I 'm glad to have experienced it. To this point, I've always paid someone to manage the details of domain administration for me. With the new VPS, I had to do it all myself.

I contacted GO DADDY support 4 times. Overall, they were helpful. They negelected to answer one of my questions, but I pushed on regardless.

All domains and email addresses are now hosted on the new server. So far, I haven't heard from anyone with problems. I expect to cancel the old service by midweek.

Once again, I would like to express my dissapointment in having to move. I like being loyal to the companies and vendors I use, even though I am such a small entity I'd be lucky if they noticed my existence. I've been using that company since 2001, and I think it sucks that I had to leave. I don't see how I could possibly stay after losing 6 months of data.

It all worked out for the best, though. The Go Daddy server is cheaper and gives me more power. I can do everything on my own now, and its cheaper, so happy ending. I think I'm over the hump in the learning curve.

No comments: