Sunday, May 11, 2008

Lots of 5s lately

RE: http://www.dvdfriend.us

I saw two movies this weekend: Speed Racer and RedBelt. I gave them both 5's.
I finished reading ENDER'S SHADOW this week, and I also gave that a 5.
That means that there's been a lot of consecutive excellence.

My original thought was to give Speed Racer a 4, but the more I think about it, the more I like it. With one exception, I can't really find anything wrong with it. Its a sensory blast. I don't see what people don't like.

And RedBelt is good solid story telling and character development.

The point is to express that I'm not tossing around the 5s as if I love everything I see. Its just been an unusally good week.

1 comment:

Chris, Certified Scrum Master said...

I think your view is skewed! your saying Speed Racer's 5 is in the same realm of Seaquest! wow...i just don't agree