Sunday, December 28, 2008

Robbed!

I very rarely, if ever, claim the role of victim. I'm sure I have at some prior point, but I don't recall. Today's different, though. Gina went out to do some errands, and came back a few minutes later reporting that her car was broken into the night before. Her Sirius stereo, cds, etc, were missing.

My first question was "broke in, or opened the door?". The answer was "opened the door". For years, I've been saying that was going to happen, and its unfortunate that it finally did. Then I checked my car, and my GPS was missing. Apparently I too failed to lock my doors. Or, they forced it open, though I see no signs of that. For me, it was a fluke, unless I'm more careless than I realize. My intent is to always lock the car doors, and I usually do so several times as I walk away from it.

So, my TomTom 910 is gone along with some of my negligible CDs.

I sent the HOA an email to let them know that I'm disheartedned that this is the kind of community we live in. He responded that a lot of people were hit last night, and he too is disheartened.

People are disgraceful. Now I want to leave the state, though you can't run from the depravity.

1 comment:

Chris, Certified Scrum Master said...

Total Suckage! if you wan't to form a band of super heroes who patrols your neighborhood let me know! we can stop these vigilantes.