Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Mystery of Television has been solved!

A while back, Gina (my lady friend) and I watched a movie, or something, on the ole television set. It was about a girl who just kind of walked through life inadvertently doing amazing things along the way. She was trying to avoid a boy friend, so she simply scaled the wall of her building and went in through an upper window. No big whoop. That’s the only specific thing that I remember, but there were a bunch of other examples.

She’s oblivious. She just thinks its normal.

The girl was really good. She was a great character, and immediately drew me in.

Something happens (I don’t remember much of it), and for whatever reason she decides to track down here estranged father. She does so by not identifying herself, and getting a job at his company. Then, she sneaks through a ventilation duct to see what her father’s doing with his buddies behind a locked door. It turns out that they’re hit men. They’re having a conversation, and she starts to participate from the ventilation shaft.

One thing leads to another, and she ends up suggesting how to kill some one in the usual matter-of-fact type way that had so well been defined up to that point in the movie.

I always thought it felt like a pilot for a tv show. It should’ve gotten picked up; it was a great premise and, as I said, the girl was great.

Some time has passed since we watched that. More than one time, I’ve thought about it, trying to remember the title. I kept thinking it was FOR LOVE AND MONEY, or something like that. I didn’t know any of the actors or even a name, and was unsuccessful in tracking it down despite a concentrated effort several weeks ago. I kept thinking that the girl was familiar, but couldn’t know for sure.

The following is a true story:

I’ve been watching ROSWELL Seasons 1,2,&3 for the last few weeks. On episode 14 of season 3, which means I’m in the ball park of 55 hours. Roswell starts SHIRI APPLEBY, who is pretty good in this series. She was prominent in Season One, but not as much so in 2 and 3. She comes and goes it seems, though I thought she was the lead.

Right before I started posting this blog, it occurred to me that I should jump onto IMDB to see what she has done since. And that’s when it hit me… she was the lead in that movie. Watching her for 50 hours didn’t remind me of anything, but as soon as I started thinking about her in other roles, it clicked. I jumped on to IMDB and confirmed that she was the actress in the movie, and the name of the movie was TO LOVE AND DIE. Here’s the kicker… it’s from 2008 which means it couldn’t have been that long ago that we saw it.

At last, I can put this mystery to rest, and move on to more important things like EASTER ISLAND and the alien origins of the pyramids… let’s see what’s going on there.

http://

www.imdb.com/title/tt0811112/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lady friend? I guess it's better than ex-fiancee...