Tuesday, October 16, 2007

ALCS Game Three, Fifth Inning, Red Sox are losing by 6?! / Car Poolers

For the first time in the history of jay, as I remember it, I have stopped watching a game.

I don't often decide to sitdown and watch a baseball game, but when I do, it's a commitment. I sit there and watch it through thick-and-thin.

But not tonight. 6 - 0?!?! That's too hard to watch.

There's a chance that Red Sox could pull off this game. Maybe the Indians pitching will fall apart and the Red Sox will belt out 8 runs. Maybe. But probably not.

If they pull it off, I should feel guilty about changing the channel, but I won't. Instead of commiting to watching the game, I've re-commited to not feeling guilty if they suddenly win. Not only will I not feel guilty, but I will also not regret my decision.

Instead, I'm watching Car Poolers on the trusty DirecTv DVR. Once its over, I'll go back to the game for a status check. I expect that I'll then choose something else to watch.

In other news, I am also a Patriots fan. That eases the pain.

No comments: