Thursday, October 01, 2009

Movie News to be Excited About!

I don’t actually get too excited about movies anymore. Transfomers? Sure. That’s exciting. Transfomers 2? Not so much. Transformers 3? That’s good news (July 1st, 2011), but exciting? Not really.

A few minutes ago I was catching up with my RSS feeds and came across a Quentin Tarantino interview on an Italian talk show. The interviewer asked him about prequels and sequels, but she did not ask about Kill Bill (perhaps because Bill has been Killed), so he lead her to ask. She asked, and he said there will be a Kill Bill 3.

Oh yes! Kill Bill 3. At long last, we have a film that is excitement worthy.

I’ll try to refrain from spewing my usual dribble about how fantastic the first one is. That was followed up by a good, but disappointing sequel.

It will take place 10 years after Kill Bill 2. The article read speculated 2014. The plot might be predictable; After The Bride killed Vivica Fox, she told her daughter “If you grow up and have a problem with this, then come find me”. But after 10 years, how old is the daughter? 16? 18? (that largely depends on how old she was in Kill Bill 1.) Is that enough time?

I’m not the biggest QT fan in the world, but when it comes to Kill Bill, I’m a believer. A lot of comments on said article stated that its a bad idea. I disagree. My only regret is that I may have to wait 5 years for it, but I’m eager to wait.

2 comments:

Ally said...

I agree with you. Kill Bill 1 was great, the 2nd not so much, and a 3rd one will be really cool!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.